What is jailbreaking? Its advantages and disadvantages
The term , jailbreaking is pun on Apple which imposes limits upon its devcies and the whole iOS ecoystem. Jailbreaking is basically, a process of removing the limits imposed by Apple. This is a process of installing custom kernels, bang on your iPhone.
- Like every hacked system, your iPhone becomes vulnerable to viruses after jailbreaking. These viruses called iPhone worms, have actually caused reasonable damage in the past.
- Always use a trustworthy site (e.g. macworld) for getting the instructions and follow them to the letter to jaibreak your iPhone.
- Your data is no longer protected after jailbreaking. Your contacts, your personal messages or even your bank passwords can be leaked. The software you might end up installing can affect your battery and performance, since it hasn’t been properly optimisized for Apple devices.
- If you get a hardware/software glitch that forces you to take the device to Apple, they will hold you for your offence and void your warranty.
- You get super user access to iPhone.
- You no longer have to depend on the app store for permissions.
- You can backup your data without the need for Apple to approve.
- You can personalize and customize your device like never before. In a carrier locked device (if you get your hands on one), jailbreaking is the best option to use it in the best possible way.