Xiaomi Mi 5 spotted on GFXBench with Snapdragon 820 SoC and 3 GB RAM
It’s already confirmed by Liwan Jiang, co-founder of Xiaomi, that the Mi 5 will be powered by a Snapdragon 820 SoC. The Mi 5 has now been spotted on GFXBench and the listing does confirm most of the rumored specs of the handset.
As per the listing on GFXBench, the Mi 5 is powered by a Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor and 3 GB of RAM whereas the Adreno 530 GPU takes charge of the graphics department. The Mi 5 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and boasts off 5.7-inch Full-HD display. It also comes with 64 GB of internal storage.
There’s no information regarding the camera and battery of the Mi 5 on the GFXBench listing, but the Mi 5 is rumored to have a 16 MP rear camera and a 13 MP front camera packed with 3600 mAh battery.
Probable Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications:
- CPU: 2.1 GHz Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.7-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (rumored)
- Front Camera: 13 MP (rumored)
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Colors: Gold, Pink, White, Black (rumored)
- Connectivity: NFC, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner (rumored)
- Battery: 3600 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 (rumored)
As opposed to previous rumors, the GFXBench listing shows Full-HD display instead of Quad HD display. The display is also of 5.7-inch instead of 5.2-inch. The RAM here is also 3 GB instead of 4 GB. I think there might be another variant as well with more RAM and Quad HD display. We never know. But hey, we don’t need to wait much either as Xiaomi will be unveiling the Mi 5 on February 24.