Xiaomi Mi 5s with Snapdragon 821 SoC and Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner unveiled
After so much of leaks and rumors, the Mi 5s has finally been unveiled today by Xiaomi.
The Xiaomi Mi 5s comes with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 SoC along with 3/4 GB RAM and Adreno 530 GPU under the hood. The 3 GB RAM variant comes with 64 GB of internal storage whereas the 4 GB RAM variant comes with 128 GB of internal storage.
Just like the Mi 5, the Mi 5s too comes with a 5.15-inch Full-HD display. The display has a brightness of 600-nits which is achieved by using 16 LEDs. As rumored, the Mi 5s sports ultrasonic fingerprint scanner which is based on Qualcomm’s Sense ID technology.
Xiaomi Mi 5s specifications:
- CPU: 2.15 GHz Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor
- RAM: 3/4 GB LPDDR4
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.15-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 600-nits brightness
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 4 MP
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB UFS 2.0
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Colors: Silver, Dark Grey, Gold, Rose Gold
- Other: Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner, Dual SIM (Nano + Nano), USB Type-c
- Battery: 3200 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
Talking about the price, the 3 GB RAM variant is priced at ￥1999 (around $300/₹20,000) whereas the 4 GB RAM variant comes with a price tag of ￥2299 (around $345/₹23,000). The device will go on sale in China from September 29. There’s no information yet about the availability in other markets.