Xiaomi unveils Mi Max with 6.44-inch Full-HD display, 4850 mAh battery and 16 MP camera
The Xiaomi Mi Max which was teased by the company last month has been officially unveiled today in China.
As expected, the Mi Max boasts off a huge 6.44-inch display which has a Full-HD resolution. One should not be surprised by this large size of the Mi Max, it’s a phablet after all. There are total three variants of the Mi Max, two of which are powered by a Snapdragon 652 SoC and one is powered by a Snapdragon 650 SoC.
The Snapdragon 650 powered variant is the base model which comes with 3 GB and 32 GB internal storage. However, the Snapdragon 652 powered variants come with 3 GB RAM + 64 GB internal storage and 4 GB RAM + 128 GB internal storage.
Talking about other specs, the Mi Max offers 16 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera along with a massive 4850 mAh battery and fingerprint scanner at the back. It’s a 4G phablet and supports Dual SIM. It also has an Infrared Sensor which means you can use the Mi Max as a remote control for your TV. The Mi Max flaunts a metal body which is 7.5 mm thin and weighs 203 grams.
Xiaomi Mi Max specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 650/652 SoC
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Operating System: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 6.44-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Rear Camera: 16 MP PDAF with dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Internal Storage: 32/64/128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/microSD)
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Infrared Sensor
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Dark Grey
- Battery: 4850 mAh
The 3 GB + 32 GB Snapdragon 650 powered variant of the Mi Max is priced at RMB 1499 (around $230/₹15,300), whereas, the 3 GB + 64 GB Snapdragon 652 powered variant is priced at RMB 1699 (around $260/₹17,300) and the 4 GB + 128 GB Snapdragon 652 powered variant is priced at RMB 1999 (around $300/₹20,000). The Mi Max will be available for purchase in China from May 17 through Mi.com and other Mi outlets across the country.
Xiaomi has also unveiled the MIUI 8 alongside the Mi Max today. The MIUI 8 Developer ROM supported devices are Mi 2/2S/3/4/4C/4S/5/Max.