Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G smartphone powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC launched at MWC 2019
Taking the stage at Mobile World Congress 2019 in Barcelona, Spain, Xiaomi today announced its first 5G-ready smartphone – Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G. The phone is expected to be available for purchase in May.
The smartphone will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor, coupled with Snapdragon X50 modem for enabling the 5G connectivity. The modem is claimed to enable 2Gbps+ peak download speed on 5G.
Apart from the new modem for 5G connectivity, the smartphone packs almost the same specifications as the original Mi MIX 3. It also packs a hybrid cooling system and a four-sided curved ceramic body. It features 6.4-inch Full HD+ display with screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 93.4 percent screen-to-body ratio.
It comes with a dual rear camera setup which consists of two 12-megapixel sensors with AI-based features. On the front side also, it features dual cameras – a 24-megapixel primary snapper and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The front-facing cameras are placed on a pop-up magnetic slider. The device is powered by a 3,800mAh battery with fast charging support.
As for the pricing, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G smartphone is priced at EUR 599 and will as mentioned above, it will go on sale from May through Mi Stores, Mi.com and select retail stores. It will be available in Blue and Black color options. The company has also partnered with UK Three, Sunrise, Telefonica, Tim, and Vodafone for its 5G devices.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 6.39-inch Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) Always-On AMOLED display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Sony IMX363, wide-angle lens, f/1.8 aperture + 12 MP Samsung S5K3M3+, telephoto lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 24 MP Sony IMX576 + 2 MP depth-of-field camera
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 5G, Multi-frequency GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (4×4 MIMO), Multi-function NFC, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 3800 mAh with Quick Charge 4+ fast charging and 10W Qi wireless charging
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G Pricing & Availability
- Price: EUR 599
- Availability: From May this year