Xiaomi launched the Redmi 3S Prime in India last week with a price tag of ₹8999. Alongside the Redmi 3S Prime, Xiaomi also launched the Redmi 3S for ₹6999. While the Redmi 3S will go on sale in India from 16th August, the Redmi 3S Prime will be available for purchase in India starting today.
The Redmi 3S Prime will go on sale today in India from 12 pm onwards. It can be purchased from Mi.com and Flipkart. Unlike other smartphones that Xiaomi has launched in India before, the Redmi 3S Prime will be available via open sale which means no registration will be required for the purchase. You can either visit Mi.com or Flipkart and buy the device straight away.
The Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime are both powered by Snapdragon 430 SoC and have similar specs, except the difference in RAM and internal storage. The Redmi 3S features 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage whereas the Redmi 3S Prime sports 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime specifications:
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Operating System: MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- Rear Camera: 13 MP PDAF with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM (Micro + Nano)
- Connectivity: 4G with VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Blaster
- Color: Dark Grey, Silver, Gold
- Battery: 4100 mAh
So, are you going to buy the Redmi 3S Prime, or, will settle with 2 GB RAM on the Redmi 3S? Also, for around ₹10,000, which other smartphone would you prefer buying?