Finally, the day has arrived. As expected, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has been launched by the company today. Xiaomi launched their Redmi Note 3 today at a launch event held at the China National Convention Center.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is powered by a 2GHz MediaTek Helio X10 64-bit octa-core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. A 3GB variant is also available. It boasts off a 5.5-inch Full-HD display. The internal storage on the 2GB RAM variant of Redmi Note 3 is 16GB, whereas, the 3GB RAM variant has 32GB of internal storage. The external storage on both these variants can be expanded via microSD card.
The Redmi Note 3 runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop , but you can expect future updates. Talking about photography, the Redmi Note 3 features a 13MP rear camera, whereas the people who love taking selfies are taken care of by providing a 5MP front camera.
Some other features on the Redmi Note 3 include fingerprint scanner on the back of the device below the camera and flash. Xiaomi claims that the fingerprint scanner unlocks the Redmi Note 3 in 0.3 seconds. This device comes in a full metal body and a massive 4000mAh battery to keep it running.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 specifications:
- CPU: 2GHz MediaTek Helio X10 64-bit octa-core processor
- RAM: 2GB/3GB LPDDR3
- Operating System: MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Rear Camera: 13MP with PDAF 0.1s ultra-fast focusing and two-tone flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, features 36 smart beauty profiles
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- SIM: 4G Dual SIM (both SIM slots support 4G)
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Full Metal Body
- Colors: Silver, Dark Grey, Gold
Talking about the pricing of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, the 2G RAM with 16GB internal storage model is priced at RMB 899 in China which is ₹9339. Whereas the 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage variant is priced at RMB 1099 which is ₹11,424 in Indian currency.
Once available for purchase in India, would you buy the Redmi Note 3? Also, which variant would you like to go for? Tell us in the comments.