Android 4.2.2 firmware for Samsung Galaxy S III leaked
If you are a proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S III but stuck on the Android Jelly Bean v4.1.2, then today we bring you an opportunity to get the latest Android Jelly Bean v4.2.2 firmware. All you need to do is follow the steps carefully.
While we have been expecting an OS update for a long time for the Samsung Galaxy S III, there has been no sign about it. Somehow we managed to get our hands on the latest I9300XXUFME3 – Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean test firmware for the device. Heads up, this is still under testing and the development on the update isn’t complete yet, so this will give you a sneak peak of what’s in store for your device when the update is officially launched in June.
The Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy S III brings in a lot of features seen in the new Galaxy S4 lock screen like Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, and ability to change clock size and set a personal message. Also there are new screen modes – Adapt Display and Professional Photo.
There are new additions in the Notification Centre including Actionable Notifications. The Settings page UI is completely changed to the tabbed interface as seen in the S4. Also S-Voice, the personal assistant from Samsung has been added along with addition of Voice Controls to help control the phone using voice commands.
While the firmware is pre-release and not official from Samsung, the current binary and system status will remain official hence not invalidating your phone. The firmware has been fully tested and works without any issues. The details of the firmware can be found below.
- Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
- PDA: I9300XXUFME3
- CSC: I9300OJKFME1
- MODEM: N/A
- Region: Middle East
- Carrier: Branded
- Changelist: 611730
- Build Date: 8 May 2013
- Download: I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_ILO.zip
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc.)
- Boot into Recovery mode (Home + Power + Vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Lastly Reboot the phone to start with Android v4.2.2