There are 196 countries in this world if you consider Taiwan as a country, and, each country has a language of its own. However, even though every country has its own language, English is still the language which is used widely for communication. Well, when a language is used widely around the world for communication, knowing how to write and speak in that language becomes important.
There are many countries in this world which have schools that teach English language to their students right from kindergarten, however, for some reasons, if you don’t know English language, you can make use of your smartphone to learn it. We have listed 9 best English learning apps for Android here so that you can learn English language wherever and whenever you want.
9 best English learning apps for Android
1. Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
- It’s free.
- Learn a language while playing a game.
- Provides 34 hours of game time which the developers claim is equal to a semester in college.
- Team up with your friends or compete with them.
Download Link: Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
2. busuu: Easy Language Learning
- Speaking lessons and basic exercises.
- Pronunciation examples and exercises.
- Grammar tips and exercises.
- Listening/Audio samples.
- Writing lessons and exercises.
- Dialogue lessons and exercises.
- Memory practices.
- Vocabulary lessons and exercises.
- Offline mode lets you study anywhere, anytime.
Download Link: busuu: Easy Language Learning
3. Babbel – Learn Languages
- Courses developed by experts.
- One lesson lasts 15 minutes on an average.
- Progress synced across multiple devices.
- Content available for offline use.
Download Link: Babbel – Learn Languages
4. Learn English – 6,000 Words
- 6,000 words with images to illustrate words, phonetic transcriptions and pronunciation recordings by native speakers.
- Vocabulary covers 15 thematic topics divided into 140 subtopics.
- The entire vocabulary has been translated into 59 languages.
- Select from 7 fun games to learn in a uniquely entertaining manner.
- Has a Spin Categories feature that allows the app to choose a random topic, subtopic and game for you to enhance your learning experience.
- Review Manager allows you to review all the words you’ve learned during each game.
- Works offline.
Download Link: Learn English – 6,000 Words
5. Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone
- Helps develop useful and practical conversation skills based on everyday scenarios.
- Comes with TruAccent™ speech recognition technology that listens to your pronunciation and helps improve it.
- Progress synced across multiple Android devices.
- Works offline.
Download Link: Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone
6. Learn 50 languages
- Has 100 lessons that offer basic vocabulary.
- Corresponds to the Common European Framework levels A1 and A2 which makes it suitable for all types of schools and students.
- Learn 50 languages in around 3000 language combinations.
Download Link: Learn 50 languages
7. Learn English. Speak English
- Native speakers help you learn the right English pronunciation.
- Comes with speech recognition technology which helps you improve your pronunciation.
- Teaches English by learning the way a user learns English.
Download Link: Learn English. Speak English
8. LearnEnglish Grammar (UK ed.)
- Developed by the British Council
- Offers teachings at four different levels: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced
- Each level consists of 600 grammar activities split into various topics like Simple Past, Question Tags and Prepositions.
- US English version also available.
Download Link: LearnEnglish Grammar (UK ed.) | LearnEnglish Grammar (US ed.)
9. Johnny Grammar Word Challenge
- Developed by British Council.
- Has three difficulty levels: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- Has three different categories: Words, Grammar and Spelling.
- Has 10 topics that include Food & Restaurants, Travel, Idioms and Hobbies.
- Users earn badges as they progress and can share their score with others on the leaderboard.
- Users can also compete with others on a global leaderboard.
- Users also get feedback for wrong answers so that they know why they are wrong.
Download Link: Johnny Grammar Word Challenge
So these are some of the best English learning apps for Android. We hope these apps would turn out to be helpful to you if you are trying to learn English language. Many of these apps also help you learn other languages as well like Spanish, German and more, so, once you are done with the English language, you can learn those as well if you want.
Also Read: Best document scanner apps for Android