Bharti Airtel launches ‘Airtel Money’ mCommerce service in Chennai
Airtel Money, a unique mCommerce service by Bharti Airtel which enables a customer to make cashless payments through the mobile phone has been launched in Chennai. The transactions are done quickly and safely and has established partnerships with over 750 prominent merchants across Chennai – including Oriental Cuisines (Benjarong, Zara, Cascade and French Loaf), Univercell, Poorvika, Inox, Bharti AXA and LIC.
The service will allow Airtel customers to pay bills, shop and make payments at these outlets without the need to carry cash or change. Basically the customers of the service can use it in the three following ways:
- Load Cash: Users can load up their Airtel Money account by visiting an Airtel retail outlet.
- Pay bills and recharge: Customers can use this cash to pay bills, and recharge their balance.
- Shop and make payments: Users can pay over-the-counter merchants like kirana stores, chemist, through the mobile phone.
Customers will also be entitled to special discounts and schemes that will be applicable exclusively for transactions made through Airtel Money. As an introductory and limited period offer, current Airtel mobile and DTH customers can now use Airtel Money to make payments and benefit from the following exclusive offers:
- Prepaid – Special talktime offers on recharge denominations of Rs. 75 and Rs. 99 through airtel money
- Postpaid – 5% discount on bill value upon payment via airtel money
- DTH – 5% extra value on recharge of greater than Rs. 500 for airtel money payments
To know more about Airtel Money, Airtel customers can dial 12121 from their mobile phones or visit www.airtelmoney.in