Bharti Airtel launches ‘Airtel Money’ mCommerce service in Chennai
Airtel Money, a unique mCommerce service by Bharti Airtel which enables a customer to make cashless payments through the mobile phone has been launched in Chennai. The transactions are done quickly and safely and has established partnerships with over 750 prominent merchants across Chennai – including Oriental Cuisines (Benjarong, Zara, Cascade and French Loaf), Univercell, Poorvika, Inox, Bharti AXA and LIC.
- Load Cash: Users can load up their Airtel Money account by visiting an Airtel retail outlet.
- Pay bills and recharge: Customers can use this cash to pay bills, and recharge their balance.
- Shop and make payments: Users can pay over-the-counter merchants like kirana stores, chemist, through the mobile phone.
- Prepaid – Special talktime offers on recharge denominations of Rs. 75 and Rs. 99 through airtel money
- Postpaid – 5% discount on bill value upon payment via airtel money
- DTH – 5% extra value on recharge of greater than Rs. 500 for airtel money payments