BlackBerry App World is now available for users in India
BlackBerry App World features include:
- Front Page Carousel : BlackBerry App World showcases several applications on its front page carousel, making it easy for users to browse through a select number of featured applications. Featured applications vary from time to time, helping users discover new applications for practically every aspect of life.
- Top Downloads : The “Top Downloads” area on BlackBerry App World lists applications that are the most downloaded.
- Categories – BlackBerry App World features a variety of application categories. Categories include games, entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
- Search/Filter : BlackBerry App World includes a keyword search with filtering capabilities.
- Reviews : Applications on BlackBerry App World can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can easily access and read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each application before they download it.
- Recommend – BlackBerry App World users can recommend applications to other people through email, PIN, SMS message or BlackBerry® Messenger.
- Application Storage : BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of applications the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to uninstall and re-install applications.
- Application Archiving : users can archive applications to a microSD card or built-in storage memory on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Update Notifications : Users are notified of updates to applications they’ve downloaded on BlackBerry App World.
India-specific applications at launch include Hungama MyPlay, CNBC TV18 Moneycontrol, Mundu Radio and Arrowmatics.