The BlackBerry KEY2 has been making headlines on the Internet for some time now. It is going to be successor to the BlackBerry KEYone that was launched by BlackBerry last year in February at Mobile World Congress. And now, BlackBerry has announced that it will launch the BlackBerry KEY2 next month on June 7.
— BlackBerry Mobile (@BBMobile) May 11, 2018
BlackBerry made this announcement on Twitter by sharing an image that reads “An Icon Reborn”. The image also has the launch date of the KEY2 which is June 7, with venue being New York City and the launch event kicking off at 10 am.
The BlackBerry KEY2 will look similar to the KEYone, and by that, we mean that it will come with a physical keyboard while also boasting a touchscreen display. The KEY2 is also said to come with better processor and more RAM as compared to its predecessor. However, the biggest highlight is going to be the dual camera setup at the back which is said to consist of one 12 MP snapper and one 8 MP snapper. For those unaware, the KEYone only came with a single 12 MP camera at the back.
BlackBerry KEY2 Specifications [Expected]
- CPU: Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 4.5-inch display with 1620 x 1080 pixel resolution, 3:2 aspect ratio and Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 8 MP dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, FM Radio, NFC
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner on spacebar, DTEK security suite
- Battery: 3360 mAh
We are still a couple of weeks away from the launch of the BlackBerry KEY2, hence, we might hear more about it in the coming days.