Box releases app for Windows Phone
Box, one of the popular cloud storage services has today announced the release of its mobile app for Windows Phone users.
Now Windows Phone users can use the Box app to store their files, retrieve them at ease, and invite colleagues to work with you in folders, leave comments and share links to content right from the app and much more.
As the app is on Windows Phone, Box has made sure that users can even place a live tile to the home screen and get updates directly.
Features of Windows Phone app of Box:
- Collaborate from anywhere: In addition to being able to access and view content, you can also invite colleagues to work with you in folders, leave comments and share links to content right from the app.
- Mobile Search: Need to find a file fast? Search your Box account right from your phone to find your critical content in seconds. Simply tap the search icon in the Application Bar and type something to find that file or folder you’re looking for.
- File management: Deleting, moving and naming folders or files is a breeze, and you can even do these actions in bulk! Tap the left margin next to files and folders to start selecting multiple items, then choose whether to move, copy or delete them from the Application Bar.
- Security: We know security is a top priority for businesses, so we’ve included an application-specific passcode lock as an extra layer of protection to keep prying eyes off your sensitive Box content.
- Windows Phone goodies: In addition to all this, we translated the app into French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese – perfect for all our international Box users.
Box has also collaborated with Qualcomm by which the Box app will now be pre-loaded on select Android and Windows Phone devices. What does this mean for us? Well, in the near future, Snapdragon customers will receive the top paid Box OneCloud for Android apps at no cost. Also we’ll also see Box apps and promotions pre-loaded on qualified Android and Windows devices.