BSNL Kerala introduces SMS based recharge for STVs. (Details of All STVs Included)
Now you can activate STVs by just sending a SMS if you are on BSNL Kerala’s Network. Most of the Indian Telecom Operators already provide this facility but BSNL recently introduced this facility in its Kerala Circle. (Earlier STV’s were available as paper coupons & or through C-Top up only.) We have been hearing that BSNL will roll out this feature in other circles soon.
To recharge via SMS all you need to send a SMS to 53733. For eg : You need to recharge with STV 45 then type STV45 in your message box and send it to 53733
The available STVs have been classified into four categories namely Category I- General,Category II- Unlimited voice calls, Category III- Free SMS and Category IV-GPRS pack. The customer can use maximum of 4 STVs simultaneously, ie one STV from each category at the same time.
Here the list of STVs available in Kerala
General Guidelines for the use of multiple STVs:
1. One customer can use maximum of one STV from each category at a time.
2. Customer is not barred from using a second STV from the same category. However, if he uses a second STV from the second category, the new STV activated will override the existing STV in operation.
3. The STV validity is extended from the date of recharge/SMS of new STV.
4. For Category II, Unlimited voice calls STV, if a customer uses a second STV from the same category and if the validity of the earlier STV is higher, then the higher validity of the earlier STV will be retained.
5. For Category III, free SMS STVs after the expiry of STV validity, balance SMS if any will be nullified. If customer uses any other SMS STV in the same group within the existing validity period of the existing SMS STV, balance SMS will be carried forward.
6. For Category IV, after the expiry of GPRS package validity, balance GPRS usage, if any, will be nullified. However, balance GPRS usage if any will be carried forward if the customer uses any other GPRS pack in the same group within the existing validity period of the GPRS STV.