CNN launches International News App for iPhone
The CNN App features push notification; regionalisation and personalisation tools; and more. The CNN app showcases global news through text, video and photos, and also includes user-generated content capture and upload functionality through iReport, CNN’s user-generated news community.
CNN App Features include:
“My CNN” Personalisation
- Ability to “follow” a story or topic: As CNN publishes new stories and developments related to topics designated by the user, the app will automatically alert the user by pushing a notification to the device.
- “Saved” content functionality gives users access to text stories that interest them anytime, anywhere – even when they’re offline.
- Regionally-targeted news based on the user’s selection of content from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America or the Middle East.
- Provides a direct gateway to CNN’s user-generated news community, iReport.
- Lets users browse user-generated content; register, sign-in to their account or sign on as a guest to capture and instantly upload user-generated photos and videos (with the iPhone 3GS and above).
- Users can also browse iReport’s latest “assignments,” asking the community to weigh in on various news stories.
- Users can flick through news stories across categories including Top Stories, U.S., Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Business, Sport, Entertainment, Tech and Travel.
- Each story features bulleted highlights above the full article, designed to satisfy mobile “snackers,” allowing them to easily scan through the latest stories.
- Users can share stories via email, Twitter and Facebook directly from the CNN App.
- The App provides access to an extensive selection of on-demand video clips across many categories, including World, Most Popular, Sport, Business, U.S., Entertainment, Tech and CNN en Español.
It is available for free download from App Store.