CyanogenMod 11.0 M9 rolled out for OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8 and others
CyanogenMod has yet again rolled out a new build for its users. The CyanogenMod 11.0 M9 is out to delight all those who want to flash their phones and install new and exciting stuff from CM. This is the first build for some devices such as the Sony Xperia Z2, Sony Xperia Z2 Tab and the HTC One M8.
There is a host of bug fixes and new features in this build. Some features that stand out for me are auto-ignore based on content, account for Play services induced Wake-Locks and Double Tap to sleep using secure keyguard and translations.
Mentioned below is a detailed list of features of the CyanogenMod 11.0 M9.
* Themes support for additional UI elements
* Heads Up Notifications – Bug Fixes
* Lockscreen – Allow doubletap to sleep when using secure keyguard
* Torch – Improve performance
* Safe Headset Volume – prompt when interfering with 3rd party device (Jawbone, Square, etc)
* Center clock support
* Quick Settings – respect locale changes on additional tiles
* Proximity Wake-Up support – prevent accidental wake-up of device by checking to see if proximity sensor is blocked (eg. Device is in a bag or pocket).
* Spam notification filtering – Set notifications to auto-ignore based on content. Long-press offending notification to set as ignored; manage in privacy settings.
* Settings Search – Additional improvements and highlighting
* Data Usage Info – Add support for CDMA devices without sim cards
* Bluetooth – Add additional A2DP profiles
* Bluetooth – Disable AVRCP 1.5 by default (fixes various car unit compatibility)
* Email – Fix saving attachments to storage for POP3 accounts
* Account for Play Services induced wake-locks
* Fix encryption on some LG Devices
* Dialer – add support for Korean and Chinese to smart-dialer
It has to be noted that that CyanogenMod chose a seperate blog post to announce the support for Sony Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet and HTC One M8. Don’t be disppaointed if you don’t find these devices in the M9 snapshot.
How do you feel about the new build?
Here’s the link.