Sharp has announced the first handset having a clam-shell form factor and runs on the Android platform. The Sharp AQUOS PHONE, THE HYBRID 007SH has autostereoscopic 3D or glasses-free 3D. It has 3.4 inch display which can be flipped and can swivel down to transform into a traditional touch-screen device.
The device has a 16MP camera, HDMI, waterproof body, and much more. But for now the device is only available in the Japanese market.
The specifications include:
- Android 2.3
- 3.4-inch naked-eye 3D LCD touch screen with 854×480 resolution
- 0.7-inch OLED sub-display
- 16MP CCD camera with 720 HD video recording support
- Waterproof body
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0+EDR
- Digital TV tuner
- Digital wallet function (Felica/RFID)
- Infrared port
- Micro HDMI interface
- Blu-ray recorder connectivity
- microSD/SDHC slot (shipped with a 2GB card inside)
- W-CDMA, GSM