HTC Desire S lands in India
After the successful launch of the Desire and Desire HD, HTC now has another smart phone for your ‘Desires’. The Desire S, is a slimmer and lighter version of the Desire with upgrades in the hardware and software department. It is sculpted out of a single block of aluminium and has a strong unibody design. The specs include the new Qualcomm’s new 1GHz Snapdragon™ MSM8255 processor, a 3.7 inch WVGA display, a 5MP camera with HD 720p video recording, Android 2.3 gingerbread, and off course the HTC sense UI.
Ajay Sharma, Country Head, HTC India said, “HTC developed the HTC Sense experience to bring cutting-edge innovation to our customers in simple and natural ways that just make sense – this is what the HTC Desire S represents best. The new phone offers an exhilarating mix of style, innovation and features that extends people’s mobile experience in ways that feel personal and completely original. The HTC Desire was extremely well received in India and met with immense success and we are positive that the new HTC Desire S will prove to be a worthy successor.”
- 5.0 Mega Pixels Camera, Resolution 2592×1944 Pixels, Video, Geo-tagging, Autofocus, Image Stabilization, Touch Focus, LED Flash, VGA Secondary Camera
- Screen Display – 3.7 inches, Resolution 480×800 Pixels
- HTC Sense v3.0 UI, SNS integration
- Digital compass, Document viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, G-Talk, Picasa integration
- 3.5 mm Headphone jack
- Connectivity Options – Bluetooth v2.1, Micro USB v2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- Data Modes – 3G, GPRS 114 Kbps, EDGE 560 Kbps, HTML Internet Browsing
- Internal Memory – 768 MB RAM, 1.1 GB ROM
- Expandable Memory- 32 GB Micro/SD card slot
- 1500 mAh Li-Ion Standard Battery
- Weight – 130 grams
The smart phone is available at a price of Rs. 26,000.