Huawei Ascend P7 sales cross 1 Million mark
Once famed as the world’s thinnest phone, the Huawei Ascend P7 has attacked the market with renewed vigour. Since its launch in May, the phone has sold 1 million units. This is the number when it hasn’t yet made any appearance in major market like the US.
Huawei plans to capture the smartphone market. It has set a goal of selling 10 million smartphones in the coming 12 months. This is actually doable since Huawei sold around 4 million units of its predecessor the Ascend P6. Huawei has risen in the ranks and now occupies the position of the world’s third largest smartphone company behind Apple and Samsung – it has sold 52 million smartphones in the past year.
Besides Huawei Ascend P7, which has 6.5-inch thickness, the other phone that is making a mark is the Gionee Elife S5.5, which comes in at 5.5-inches and is also doing good.
Huawei Ascend P7 Specs:
- 5-inch display
- Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution
- 139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5mm
- weighs 124 grams
- HiSilicon Krin 910T chipset1.8 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A8 CPU
- Mali 450 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- microSD support 32 GB
- 13 MP rear camera with Sony BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture and LED flash
- 8 MP front facing camera with Sony BSI sensor and 5-piece lens
- Emotion 2.3 UI with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 2500 mAh battery
- LTE support, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11n, microUSB 2.0 and NFC