Huawei Nova 5i Pro goes official; features a punch-hole display, Kirin 810 SoC, and quad rear cameras
At a launch event in China, Huawei has today launched its new smartphone — Huawei Nova 5i Pro. As the name suggests, the phone is an upgraded version of the Huawei Nova 5i that was launched last month in China.
The smartphone features glass panels on the front and rear with a metallic frame in between. It comes with a 6.26-inch Full HD+ display with punch-hole design, 1080 x 2340 pixels screen resolution, and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The display is claimed to be designed to protect the eyes of the users from the blue rays released by the screen.
Under the hood, the phone is powered by the company’s recently launched Kirin 810 octa-core processor which is manufactured using the 7nm node. The 6 GB RAM model packs 128 GB of internal storage while the 8 GB RAM model comes with 256 GB storage. There’s also a hybrid microSD card slot for expanding the storage capacity.
Coming to the optics, the device comes with a quad-camera setup on the back, featuring a 48 MP primary lens, an 8 MP wide-angle lens, a dedicated micro camera, and a 2 MP sensor for depth sensing. On the front side, there’s a 32 MP snapper housed in the punch-hole design.
The front, as well as the rear cameras, are equipped with 4-in-1 pixel binning technology that captures brighter shots in low-light scenarios. Other photography features of the Nova 5i Pro include portrait mode, AI beautification, AI scene recognition, HDR, etc.
In the software department, the device comes running Android 9 Pie-based EMUI 9.1 custom user interface out of the box along with GPU Turbo 3.0 for an enhanced gaming experience. The phone is powered by a 4000 mAh battery that carries support for 22.5W fast charging through USB-C port.
The Huawei Nova 5i Pro comes in three color options — Aurora Blue, Emerald Green, and Phantom Black. The phone costs 2,199 yuan (~$320) for the 6 GB + 128 GB model while the 8 GB + 128 GB model costs 2,499 yuan (~$363). The top-end model with 8 GB RAM is priced at 2,799 yuan (~$407). The phone will go on sale in China from 2nd August.
Huawei Nova 5i Pro Specifications
- CPU: 2.27 GHz Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 810 ocra-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9.1
- Display:6.26-inch Full HD+ IPS punch-hole display with 2340 × 1080 pixels screen resolution, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Rear Camera: 48 MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture + 8 MP Ultra Wide Angle lens + 2 MP f/1.75 aperture camera for macro + 2 MP f/2.4 aperture camera for depth sensing
- Front Camera: 32 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 128/256 GB
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, and USB Type-C port
- Other: Fingerprint sensor
- Colors: Aurora Blue, Emerald Green, and Phantom Black
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 20W fast charging
Pricing and Availability
- Price of 6 GB + 128 GB: 2,199 yuan (~$320)
- Price of 8 GB + 128 GB: 2,499 yuan (~$363)
- Price of 8 GB + 256 GB: 2,799 yuan (~$407)
- Availability: In China from 2nd August