Huawei P9 launched in India with 12 MP dual rear camera for ₹39,999
After unveiling the Huawei P9 in April this year, the Chinese manufacturer has today launched the device in India at an event held in New Delhi.
The Huawei P9 comes with homegrown HiSilicon Kirin 955 SoC under the hood which is laced with 3 GB RAM and backed by Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. The main highlight of the P9 is its dual rear camera setup. The device features 12 MP dual cameras at the back and sports an 8 MP camera on the front. Huawei has used Leica SUMMARIT lenses for the dual camera setup.
The Huawei P9 runs on Emotion UI 4.1 out of the box which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The P9 features a 5.2-inch Full-HD display which is kept on by a 3000 mAh battery. It also comes with a fingerprint scanner at the back and features USB Type-C port.
Huawei P9 specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS-NEO Display (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution | 424 ppi pixel density)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Software: EMUI 4.1 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- CPU: Up to 2.5 GHz octa-core processor, HiSilicon Kirin 955 SoC
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4 (900 MHz)
- Memory: 3 GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 32 GB eMMC internal storage, MicroSD up to 256 GB external
- Main Camera: Dual camera (12 MP + 12 MP) f/2.2, 27 mm Leica Summarit H ASPH lens, dual-tone LED flash, 1080p video @30fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.4 aperture, fixed focus, EIS, 1080p video @30fps
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- Colors: Prestige Gold, Mystic Silver, Titanium Grey
- Battery: 3000 mAh
The Huawei P9 will be available for purchase on Flipkart from 3 pm onwards today. Upon purchase of this device, customers will get 2 years of warranty along with pick-up and drop service as well as 3 months of replacement/display damage warranty.
Besides launching the P9, Huawei also launched the Stainless Steel variant of its smartwatch for ₹22,999 in India.