LG G3 Cat.6 announced with Snapdragon 805 and 5.5-inch QHD display
LG launched its G3 flagship in India yesterday with much grandeur and today, the company has made the Cat.6 variant of the flagship official in its homeland South Korea.
The LG G3 Cat.6 is the same G3 we know and love but for the more powerful Snapdragon 805 processor and support for LTE-A networks. Thanks to the Qualcomm Gobi 9×35 LTE Advanced Cat 6 Modem built into the Snapdragon 805, the G3 Cat.6 is capable of hitting speeds up to 225 Mbps. The device is similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A, which was launched in Korea last month.
Other specs of the LG G3 Cat.6 remain pretty much the same as the global LG G3. There’s a 5.5-inch QHD (2560x1440p) IPS display, 32 GB internal storage with expansion up to 128 GB, 3 GB RAM, 13 MP OIS+ camera with dual tone flash, laser AF sensor, 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 3000 mAh battery and Android 4.4.2 KitKat with LG’s latest optimisations. The 2.7 GHz Snapdragon 805 chipset with Adreno 420 GPU should bring a performance boost to the device.
The LG G3 Cat.6 will hit the South Korean market on July 25 and it’ll be available in Metallic Black, Silk White and Gold Shine color versions. LG hasn’t revealed the price yet.
LG G3 Cat.6 Specs:
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display
- Quad HD (2560x1440p) resolution, 538 ppi
- Qualcomm 2.7 GHz Snapdragon 805 processor
- Adreno 420 GPU
- weighs 154g
- 32 GB internal storage and 3 GB RAM
- microSD expansion up to 128 GB
- 13 MP camera with OIS+, dual LED flash
- Laser Auto Focus
- 2.1 MP front facing camera
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 3000 mAh battery
- 4G LTE-A / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0