Last month LG went on to announce its new flagship smartphone the Optimus G and today, the company has officially launched the powerful smartphone in Korea.
The LG Optimus G arrives with a 4.7 inch screen with a display resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels and a pixel density of 320ppi.
Key specifications of the LG Optimus G include:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU, Adreno 320 GPU with 4G LTE
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ (1280×768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- 2GB RAM
- 13.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- 2,100 mAh
- 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm145g
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL, DLNA, NFC
Apart from the awesome specs that the LG Optimus G packs in, the smartphone also brings in new form of Cross-Tasking and Engaging UX are explained below:
- QSlide Function shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. As it doesn’t just show a part of the screen but the entire screen of both functions, the user can complete two tasks concurrently – such as sending a text message or searching the web while watching a video.
- Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times while the video is being streamed for a close-up of one’s child while watching a recorded video from a school recital.
- Dual Screen Dual Play not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes.
- QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL. The QuickMemo can also be used as an overlay feature – like jotting down a number using the QuickMemo and directly dialling the number while the number is on the top layer.
- Screen Zooming allows for the zooming in and out of lists in music player, email, text messages and photo gallery. It also offers the ability to change the font size and screen layout.
- Application Link launches preset applications (email, calendar, weather, etc.) when the alarm is turned off – making preparation time in the morning go a little faster with all the information on your screen.
- Icon Personalizer allows users the ability to customize icons by editing size and adding images so the most frequently used apps can be most easily accessible.
LG is also boasting a lot about the 13 MP shooter that arrives on the Optimus G and according to the company users will have the opportunity to capture their favorite scenes with:
- Smart Shutter senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and adjusts the shutter speed for the best shot;
- Time Catch Shot enables the user to choose the best among various shots taken before the shutter button is pressed;
- Cheese Shutter takes photos easily with voice activationcommand just by saying cheese, kimchi, smile or even LG;
- Low Light Shot Noise Reduction employs a light monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation for the least amount of noise.
The LG Optimus G will be available in Korea from next week for $895 and a global roll out is expected from October.