LG X4 goes official with Snapdragon 425 SoC, 5.3-inch display and LG Pay
South Korean tech giant LG announced its flagship LG V30S ThinQ smartphone at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 tech show in Barcelona, Spain. Well now, the company has announced yet another smartphone, dubbed, LG X4. The LG X4 is actually a slightly toned down version of the LG X4+ that was announced back in January this year.
The LG X4 is powered by the same Snapdragon 425 SoC that’s found on LG X4+. The chip is further paired with 2 GB of RAM and is backed by Adreno 308 GPU to handle graphically intensive tasks. The LG X4 has a design that’s similar to the X4+, and, it sports a 5.3-inch IPS display that has a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
The LG X4 boots up to Android 7.1.2 Nougat, and, has 16 GB of storage on board, but, you can always the expand the storage if you want by using a microSD card. That said, the LG X4 sports an 8 MP camera on the back while also coming with a 5 MP camera on the front. In comparison, the LG X4+ features a 13 MP camera at the back while having a 5 MP camera on the front similar to the X4.
Having said that, the LG X4 comes with a fingerprint scanner at the back. However, apart from using it to unlock the smartphone, you can also use it to take selfies and screenshots. A single tap will let you take a selfie whereas a double-tap takes a screenshot.
Furthermore, the LG X4 also comes along with the company’s payment service – LG Pay – with which you can make payments at payment terminals without having to use your credit/debit card. The LG X4 comes in black and gold colors, and, ships with a 3000 mAh battery which should be able to take you through the day.
LG X4 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Display: 5.3-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with 277 ppi
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, NFC, micro USB
- Other: LG Pay, HD DMB TV, Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Black, Gold
- Battery: 3000 mAh
LG X4 Price and Availability
- Price: 2,97,000 South Korean Won (around $273/₹17,872)
- Availability: Available through top 3 carriers in South Korea. No word on availability in other markets