HTC U12 specs surface online, expected to release in April
Around two weeks ago, a retail box leaked online which revealed the specifications of HTC Desire 12. Well now, specifications of yet another HTC smartphone have leaked online, and, unlike the Desire 12, this one’s a flagship. Yes, we are talking about the HTC U12.
The HTC U12, which is also known as HTC Imagine, was showcased in Taiwan back in January this year at a 5G event. And now, thanks to LlabTooFeR – a ROM developer having a great track record of leaking details about anything HTC – we now know what kind of hardware will this HTC flagship will probably come packed with.
According to LlabTooFeR, the HTC U12 will be powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 flagship chip which will be laced with up to 6 GB RAM. The smartphone will boot up to Sense 10 UI based on Android 8.0 Oreo, and, the good news is that it will come with Treble support.
The HTC U12 will feature a 5.99-inch QHD+ display having a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:9. Furthermore, it will have a dual camera setup at the back (12 MP + 16 MP) along with a single 8 MP camera on the front.
The HTC U12 will also come with IP68 dust and water resistance, and, will have a 3420 mAh battery under the hood that will fuel the entire package.
There’s no word from HTC right now about this smartphone, but, LlabTooFeR says the U12 will be released in April. Having said that, the information shared by LlabTooFeR has also been verified by reliable leakster Evan Blass, hence, we are very well going to see HTC Imagine aka U12 coming with specifications mentioned above.
Expected HTC U12 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: Up to 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: Sense 10 based on Android 8.0 Oreo (with full Treble support and A/B Seamless updates)
- Display: 5.99-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1440 pixels) display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 16 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Internal Storage: Up to 256 GB
- SIM: Single/Dual SIM (depending on market)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, USB Type-C
- Other: IP68 dust and water resistance, HTC Face Unlock, Edge Sense 2.0
- Battery: 3420 mAh