Mi Notebook Air sporting 7th gen Intel i5 and i7 launched
Xiaomi has taken the curtains off its second generation of laptops, the Mi Notebook Air. Although the company launched the Mi Notebook Air in 12.5 and 13.3-inch screen sizes last year. This year, we have just a 13.3-inch model. Yesterday we reported that the Xiaomi Mi NoteBook Air was found listed on Jingdong Mall (JD.com). Now it has finally gone official.
The upgraded 13.3-inch model now has 7th-gen of Intel i5 and i7 processors. The new metal body laptop also has a better NVIDIA GeForce MX150 GPU. The fingerprint scanner on the top right corner is a new and welcome addition.
The display’s resolution is the same as last year that is Full HD. While Xiaomi has provided custom AKG-tuned dual speakers, Dolby audio, a USB Type-C port, and an HDMI port in a sleek compact 14.8mm aluminum body.
Specs of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air (13.3-inch)
- Display: 13.3-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 16: 9 display, 300 nits brightness,
- Processor: Intel Core Core i7-7500U / i5-7200U processor
- GPU: 2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics card
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
- Storage: 256GB PCIe SSD / 128GB SATA SSD, additional SSD expansion slot
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Camera: 1MP HD webcam, digital array microphone
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1; 2 x USB 3.0 port, HDMI, USB Type-C
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, Realtek ALC255, AKG Customized dual 2W speakers, Dolby audio
- Battery: 40Wh battery with fast charging, up to 9.5h battery life
Pricing and Availability
Pricing was a key part of Xiaomi’s strategy last year and it will be this year as well.
The Intel Core i5/8 GB RAM/128 GB version costs 4999 yuan (US$ 735 / Rs. 47380 approx.)
The Intel Core i5/8 GB RAM/256 GB version costs 5499 yuan (US$ 808 / Rs. 52130 approx.).
The Intel Core i7/8 GB RAM/256 GB version price is not yet known.
The new Mi Notebook Air can be ordered starting today and will be on sale from June 18th.