Xiaomi has taken the curtains off its second generation of laptops, the Mi Notebook Air. Although the company launched the Mi Notebook Air in 12.5 and 13.3-inch screen sizes last year. This year, we have just a 13.3-inch model. Yesterday we reported that the Xiaomi Mi NoteBook Air was found listed on Jingdong Mall (JD.com). Now it has finally gone official.
The upgraded 13.3-inch model now has 7th-gen of Intel i5 and i7 processors. The new metal body laptop also has a better NVIDIA GeForce MX150 GPU. The fingerprint scanner on the top right corner is a new and welcome addition.
The display’s resolution is the same as last year that is Full HD. While Xiaomi has provided custom AKG-tuned dual speakers, Dolby audio, a USB Type-C port, and an HDMI port in a sleek compact 14.8mm aluminum body.
Specs of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air (13.3-inch)
- Display: 13.3-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 16: 9 display, 300 nits brightness,
- Processor: Intel Core Core i7-7500U / i5-7200U processor
- GPU: 2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics card
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
- Storage: 256GB PCIe SSD / 128GB SATA SSD, additional SSD expansion slot
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Camera: 1MP HD webcam, digital array microphone
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1; 2 x USB 3.0 port, HDMI, USB Type-C
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, Realtek ALC255, AKG Customized dual 2W speakers, Dolby audio
- Battery: 40Wh battery with fast charging, up to 9.5h battery life
Pricing and Availability
Pricing was a key part of Xiaomi’s strategy last year and it will be this year as well.
The Intel Core i5/8 GB RAM/128 GB version costs 4999 yuan (US$ 735 / Rs. 47380 approx.)
The Intel Core i5/8 GB RAM/256 GB version costs 5499 yuan (US$ 808 / Rs. 52130 approx.).
The Intel Core i7/8 GB RAM/256 GB version price is not yet known.
The new Mi Notebook Air can be ordered starting today and will be on sale from June 18th.