Last week, OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 4.1.5 update for OnePlus 3 and 3T with some optimizations, bug fixes and updated security patch. However, OnePlus has now announced that they have withdrawn the 4.1.5 update, and instead, are now rolling out OxygenOS 4.1.6 update.
OnePlus made this announcement on their forums, and, like the 4.1.5 update, the 4.1.6 update is also based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. OnePlus didn’t reveal any reason for pulling out the 4.1.5 update though, and, we don’t see any change in the log of 4.1.6 update either. The changelog is similar to that of the 4.1.5 update.
Here’s what the OxygenOS 4.1.6 update comes with:
- System push notifications for important information from OnePlus.
- Updated network settings for select carriers.
- Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.8.
- Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017.
- Modified WiFi no internet indication icon.
- Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party file managers.
- Fixed VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards.
- Fixed connection issue on Android Auto.
- Optimizations for Battery.
- Optimizations for Proximity sensor.
- Optimizations for Camera low light focus.
- Optimizations for expanded screenshots.
- Enhanced system stability.
As always, the update is rolled out incrementally over-the-air and will take some time to reach all the units of OnePlus 3 and 3T. Even we haven’t got it on our OnePlus 3 yet. Having said that, we didn’t face any issue with the 4.1.5 update on our OnePlus 3, hence, we are wondering what made OnePlus pull out the 4.1.5 OTA.
Anyways, like we said, you should get the update notification on your phone within a week, however, you can check for the updates manually by going to the Settings > System updates menu.