Motorola has posted some release notes of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Moto G 2nd gen on its Indian website, which means that the company is all set to roll out the Marshmallow update for the 2nd gen Moto G in India. “We are excited to announce a new software update for Moto G (2nd Gen.) by Motorola. This update brings Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow to your phone along with other improvements.” wrote the company in the introduction of the release notes.
Some of the changes that the users should expect after the installation of Marshmallow update on their devices are App Standby, App permissions, App links, Expandable Storage (allows you to use your external storage as internal storage), Do not disturb, Now on Tap and many others.
Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen specifications:
- CPU: 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor
- RAM: 1GB
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Android 6.0 Marshmallow rolling out soon
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 8MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: microUSB v2.0, FM Radio, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery: 2070mAh Li-Ion
It’s worth noting that the Moto G 2nd gen was launched with Android 4.4.4 KitKat running out of the box and did receive Android 5.0 Lollipop update, now it’s expected to receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow update soon. To know more about the Marshmallow update and new features along with installation instructions, click on the Source link below.