We do know that Motorola is all set to roll out Marshmallow update for Moto G 2nd Gen in India. But now, Motorola has begun soak testing the Marshmallow update that will be rolled out to the Moto G 2nd Gen users in India and Brazil.
David Schuster, Senior Director of Software Product Management for Motorola Mobility made the announcement through a post on Google+. The soak testing for Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for both the 3G and 4G LTE variants of the Moto G 2nd Gen has begun. The testing has begun on India and Brazil’s devices. The testing will be done for a week and if there are no issues, the full roll out will be begin for the Moto G 2nd Gen users in India and Brazil.
Just in case you are wondering what a soak test is, let me tell you that during a soak test only a small number of users receive the update, and, if there are no issues with the update the full fledged roll out is started by the company.
Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen specifications:
- CPU: 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor
- RAM: 1GB
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Android 6.0 Marshmallow rolling out soon
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 8MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: microUSB v2.0, FM Radio, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery: 2070mAh Li-Ion
If you are a Moto G 2nd Gen user happening to live in India or Brazil, expect the full roll out of the Marshmallow update after a week. So, are you waiting for the Marshmallow update to be rolled out? If you happen to be one of those users who receive the update as a part of soak testing, do share your experience with us.