Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition debuts in Mexico; Features Full-HD display
Motorola has unveiled the successor to the Moto G 3rd Generation smartphone, the Moto G Turbo Edition in Mexico. Motorola has seen huge success with its Moto G lineup of smartphones which provides good hardware at reasonable price.You get a smartphone which has decent hardware and doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket.
The Moto G Turbo Edition has some bumped up specs in contrast with the Moto G 3rd Gen smartphone. For instance, the resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels on 5-inch display has been increased to 1920 x 1080 pixels, which means the display is now a Full-HD display.
The processing department has also seen an upgrade. The Moto G 3rd Gen has 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor, along with Adreno 306 GPU. Whereas the Moto G Turbo Edition has 64-bit Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor, along with Adreno 405 GPU.
Unlike Motorola’s DROID Turbo 2 and DROID Maxx 2 which have nano-coating shielding them from spills and rains, the Moto G Turbo comes with an IP67 certification, which means it not just withstands the spills and rains, but, can also be submerged in upto 3 feet of fresh water for 30 minutes without incurring and damages to the handset. Something which you saw on the Moto G 3rd Gen as well.
Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition specifications:
- CPU: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- RAM: LPDDR3 2GB
- Operating System: Stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: Expandable via MicroSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 MP f/2.0 camera
- Front Camera: 5 MP f/2.2 camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, 4G LTE/3G HSPA+
- SIM: Dual Micro SIM
- Battery: 2470 mAh battery + Motorola Turbo Power
- Other: IP67 certified (can be submerged in upto 3 feet of fresh water for 30 minutes)
This handset has been post-fixed with the word Turbo as it supports Turbo charging as well. It’s priced equivalent to $283 USD, which is around ₹18,620 in Indian currency. For now, the Moto G Turbo will only be available in the Mexican market, starting from 13th of November. As of now, there’s no word of its availability in other markets.