Nokia 5 with Snapdragon 430 SoC, 2 GB RAM and Android 7.1.1 Nougat launched in India for ₹12,899
Alongside launching the Nokia 3, HMD Global has also launched the Nokia 5 in India today at an event held in New Delhi. The Nokia 5 was unveiled in February this year during MWC 2017 in Barcelona, Spain.
The Nokia 5 is powered by Snapdragon 430 SoC which is coupled with 2 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 505 GPU. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box and Nokia has avoided making much changes to it, letting users enjoy a pure, stock Android experience.
The Nokia 5 is made up of polycarbonate body and boasts 5.2-inch HD display which is kept on by a 3000 mAh battery. It has a 13 MP camera at the back along with an 8 MP camera on the front. In terms of storage, you get 16 GB of on-board storage, however, you can expand the storage using a microSD card.
Nokia 5 specifications:
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 5.2-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Matte Black, Silver, Tempered Blue and Copper
- Battery: 3000 mAh
Nokia 5 Price and Availability:
- Price: ₹12,899
- Availability: Will be sold offline through 400 exclusive distributors that cover over 80,000 retail stores. Customer support will be managed through Nokia Mobile Care having service centers in 300 cities with pick-up and drop facility offered in 100 cities. Pre-booking starts from July 7.
Nokia 5 Launch Offers:
- Vodafone users get 5 GB data per month at ₹149/month for 3 months.
- Discount of ₹2500 (₹1800 on hotels and ₹700 on domestic flights) on bookings done through MakeMyTrip.