Nokia sets Devices & Services operational priorities for 2010
Nokia outlined key Devices & Services operational priorities for 2010 at its annual Capital Markets Day event. They are:
- Improve user experience.
- Re-engineer Symbian user interface; deliver a major product milestone before mid-year 2010, and another major product milestone before the end of 2010.
- Deliver first Maemo 6-powered mobile computer, with an iconic user experience, in the second half of 2010.
- Significantly increase the proportion of touch and/or QWERTY devices in smartphone portfolio.
- Scale up Services business by expanding geographically and in partnership with more operators.
- Provide third party developers with better tools to create applications and content for Ovi ecosystem.
- Further optimize the industry’s lowest cost end-to-end business model in Mobile Phones.
- Continue to build on affordable and localized services offerings for emerging market consumers.