ZTE’s sub-brand Nubia, which entered the gaming smartphone segment with the launch of Nubia Red Magic last year, has now launched its third-generation gaming smartphone — Nubia Red Magic 3, as it was expected. The smartphone is the successor of the Nubia Red Magic Mars that was launched in December last year.
The Nubia Red Magic 3 smartphone flaunts a 6.65-inch Full HD+ ultra wide-screen HDR AMOLED display which offers 90Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, it is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU.
The phone comes with a liquid cooling system which the company says is inspired by gaming PCs. The Red Magic 3 smartphone is also touted as the world’s first smartphone with an active cooling system that also integrates a fan.
The company says that it increases the effective heat transfer capability of the device by a significant margin and as a result, claims to improve the overall performance. The device comes in three RAM and storage versions — 6 GB + 128 GB, 8 GB + 128 GB, and 12 GB + 256 GB.
As for the camera configuration, the device comes with a single 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 camera camera at the back and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for taking selfies and video calling. Being a gaming-focused smartphone, the company hasn’t focused in the camera department.
In the software department, the phone runs Android 9 Pie OS. It also comes with Red Magic Game Space 2.0 which is a gaming-focused dashboard allowing users to organize and quick-launch games, fine-tune performance settings and fan speeds.
The phone also has a mode using which users can block notifications during gameplay. It also has touch-sensitive shoulder triggers that eliminate the need for an additional gameplay accessory and offers custom-mappable buttons.
It has dual front-facing stereo speakers, DTS:X, and 3D sound technologies that creates a cinematic soundscape. The phone is powered by a massive 5,000 mAh battery and supports 30W quick charging as well. The company claims that the phone can play a game for one hour with a quick 10-minute charge.
The Nubia Red Magic 3 gaming smartphone will come in Black, Flame Red, Camouflage and Red with Blue Gradient colors. It will go on sale in China from 3rd May and will eventually enter the Indian market.
Nubia Red Magic 3 Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8/12 GB
- GPU: Adreno 640 GPU
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Display: 6.65-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ HDR AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 430 nits brightness, and 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 48 MP Sony IMX586 with f/1.75 aperture, Dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 128/256 GB
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, and USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Red Magic Game Space 2.0, DTS:X, and 3D sound
- Colors: Black, Flame Red, Camouflage and Red with Blue Gradient
- Battery: 5000 mAh with 27W fast charging
Nubia Red Magic 3 Pricing and Availability
- 6 GB + 128 GB: 3,199 Yuan (~$475)
- 8 GB + 128 GB: 3,499 Yuan (~$520)
- 12 GB + 256 GB: 4,299 Yuan (~$639)
- Availability: In China from 3rd May