The wait is finally over. OxygenOS 3.0.2 update which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is now being rolled out to OnePlus 2. It has been a long wait for the OnePlus 2 users with the company rolling out OxygenOS 3.0.1 community build for the OnePlus 2 last month.
The community build of OxygenOS 3.0 and 3.0.1 were rolled out lately as the company had missed the target of rolling out Android Marshmallow for OnePlus 2 in Q1 of this year. The community builds were meant to take feedback from the users in order to make sure that the final build of the Marshmallow update is stable and of high quality.
“I want to thank all of you who have provided feedback on the community builds, your input has been absolutely valuable in ensuring that we produce a high quality update. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your feedback on this one.” wrote a Staff Member of OnePlus on their forums.
Here’s what you should expect from this update:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
- System wide performance improvements
- Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed. We have integrated with Dirac HD Sound technology for the speaker so you get a great experience without the knobs and dials
- Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
- You can now lock apps in recents so they won’t be cleared away. We’ve also added clear process in addition to clear-all for those of you who want a better control of background processes
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
- Swiftkey update to 6.3.3
However, it’s worth noting that the fingerprints stored on your OnePlus 2 will be cleared after you have updated it with this update. Hence, you will have to set up fingerprint authentication again. Also, the roll out of this update is incremental and OnePlus claims to reach 100% coverage in the next 48 hours.