OnePlus 5 becomes the fastest selling OnePlus device
The OnePlus 5 was finally announced yesterday. The device had leaked so much on the Internet in the past few weeks that announcing the OnePlus 5 officially was just a formality. However, having said that, the OnePlus 5 comes with a very powerful hardware and is priced decently, and, this has just made it the fastest selling OnePlus device ever.
The OnePlus 5 goes on sale from June 27 in the US and Europe, however, OnePlus was letting fans buy the device through Early Drop yesterday. Also, OnePlus had opened a pop-up shop in New York yesterday where people could buy the OnePlus 5. Of course, as you would expect, lots of people showed up and the queue kept getting longer. Well, even though the OnePlus 5 only went on sale yesterday in the US and Europe, it has become the fastest selling OnePlus device ever.
🔥🔥🔥The first numbers are in, the OnePlus 5 is our fastest selling device ever!🔥🔥🔥
— Carl Pei (@getpeid) June 20, 2017
OnePlus Co-Founder Carl Pei shared this information on Twitter by tweeting “The first numbers are in, the OnePlus 5 is our fastest selling device ever!“. Well, we actually aren’t surprised to know this. The OnePlus 5 comes with a pretty powerful hardware under the hood which is the Snapdragon 835 SoC along with 6 and 8 GB RAM. The 6 GB RAM variant is priced at $479 whereas the 8 GB RAM variant is priced at $539. Not to forget that it also comes with dual cameras at the back. Well, this kind of spec-sheet and pricing coupled with the fan base is enough to make it the fastest selling OnePlus device.
OnePlus 5 specifications:
- CPU: 2.45 GHz Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: OxygenOS based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass, Gorilla Glass 5 and DCI-P3 color coverage
- Rear Camera: 20 MP (Sony IMX350 with f/2.6 aperture, telephoto lens) + 16 MP (Sony IMX398 with f/1.7 aperture) with Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, Smart Capture, Fast AF and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (with 6 GB RAM), 128 GB (with 8 GB RAM) UFS 2.1 2-Lane
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, CAT12/3CA, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner (unlocks the phone in 0.2 seconds)
- Colors: Slate Gray (64 GB), Midnight Black (128 GB)
- Battery: 3300 mAh with Dash Charge technology
The OnePlus 5 will be launching in India on June 22 at an event in Mumbai and will go on sale the same day at 4.30 pm on Amazon India. We will know more about the India pricing once it’s launched in the country.
By the way, would you like to buy the OnePlus 5? Well, we certainly would.