It’s here. The OnePlus 5 has finally been announced. The OnePlus 5 is successor to last year’s OnePlus 3T, and of course, is this year’s OnePlus flagship smartphone.
The OnePlus 5 flaunts a uni-body metal design and the device is 7.25 mm thin. It is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 SoC which is paired with 6 or 8 GB of RAM. The 6 GB RAM variant comes with 64 GB of internal storage whereas the 8 GB RAM variant comes with 128 GB of internal storage.
The OnePlus 5 sports a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display which has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is kept on by a 3300 mAh battery which comes with support for Dash Charge. OnePlus has also incorporated Reading Mode into the OxygenOS which changes the color temperature of the screen based on the surrounding environment. This is achieved by using the ambient sensor.
Also, needless to say, the biggest highlight of the OnePlus 5 is its dual camera setup at the back. It consists of a combination of 20 MP + 16 MP cameras. The 16 MP camera is a Sony IMX398 sensor and has f/1.7 aperture. Speaking of the 20 MP camera, it’s a Sony IMX350 sensor which has f/2.6 aperture. It also comes with telephoto lens which helps in taking distant shots without loss in quality using optical zoom.
Apart from this, the OnePlus 5 also comes with Portrait Mode and Pro Mode. With Portrait Mode, you can take images with blurred background. Well, simply put, it gives the bokeh effect. Speaking of the Pro Mode, it lets you manually control different aspects of the camera like ISO, shutter speed and focus. Oh, and yes, there’s also a 16 MP camera on the front for selfies and video calls.
“The OnePlus 5 is a flagship that stays true to our Never Settle approach. Our latest flagship delivers a smooth experience, thanks to a seamless combination of hardware and software. Incredibly thin with an impressive battery life, this truly world phone features dual camera for effortless clarity.” said Carl Pei, Co-Founder of OnePlus.
OnePlus 5 specifications:
- CPU: 2.45 GHz Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: OxygenOS based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass, Gorilla Glass 5 and DCI-P3 color coverage
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (Sony IMX398 with f/1.7 aperture) + 20 MP (Sony IMX350 with f/2.6 aperture, telephoto lens) with Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, Smart Capture, Fast AF and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (with 6 GB RAM), 128 GB (with 8 GB RAM) UFS 2.1 2-Lane
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, CAT12/3CA, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner (unlocks the phone in 0.2 seconds)
- Colors: Slate Gray (64 GB), Midnight Black (128 GB)
- Battery: 3300 mAh with Dash Charge technology
OnePlus 5 Price and Availability:
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: $479 (around ₹30,950) in the US, €499 (around ₹35,800) in Europe
- Price of 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant: $539 (around ₹34,830) in the US, €559 (around ₹40,190) in Europe
- Availability: People in the US and Europe can pre-order it here in Early Drop. The Early Drop orders will start shipping from June 21. General sales start from June 27.
The OnePlus 5 is launching in India on June 22 so we will know more about the India pricing on that day.