As expected, Realme has today announced the launch of its new smartphone in the Realme 5 series in the Indian market — Realme 5i. Just a couple of days ago, this same smartphone was recently made official in Vietnam.
The smartphone features a 6.52-inch HD+ notched display with 79 percent screen-to-body ratio and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 665 11nm SoC with up to 4 GB RAM.
As for the cameras, the phone comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, AI scene recognition, 8-megapixel 119° ultra-wide angle lens, 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor for 4cm macro shots.
On the front side, it features an 8 MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. The phone runs Android 9 Pie operating system out-of-the-box with ColorOS 6.1 on top and is powered by a 5000 mAh battery with support for reverse charing.
The Realme 5i comes in Aqua Blue and Forest Green colors and is priced at ₹8,999. The device will be available from Flipkart and realme.com starting from January 15th.
Realme 5i Specifications
- Display: 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ mini-drop display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs)
- GPU: Adreno 610 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB storage, expandable memory up to 256 GB with microSD
- OS: ColorOS 6.1 realme edition based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.25 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 4cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 4k video recording
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Others: Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, Micro USB
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and Availability
- Price: ₹8,999
- Availability: From 15th January