Redmi K20 Pro with Snapdragon 855 SoC, 8 GB RAM and pop-up selfie camera launched in China
Along with the Redmi K20 smartphone, the China-based company has also launched the flagship Redmi K20 Pro smartphone at the same launch event. The phone comes with an impressive set of specifications at a relatively low cost.
The Redmi K20 Pro features a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR display with 2340 × 1080 pixels screen resolution with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, and 600nit brightness. It is powered by the flagship Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU.
The phone packs 6/8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM. The 6 GB RAM model comes with 64/128 GB internal storage while the 8 GB RAM model comes in 128/256 GB storage options. The handset runs Android 9 Pie OS with MIUI 10 on top.
As for the camera setup, there are three camera sensors on the back panel. It consists of a 48 MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, an 8 MP secondary 1/4″ telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, and a 13 MP 1/3″ 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture.
On the front side, there’s a 20 MP snapper with f/2.0 aperture housed inside the pop-up mechanism. Just like the standard version, this Pro model also features a seventh-generation in-display fingerprint sensor. It comes with a 3.5mm audio jack and Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip.
Connectivity options on the device include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, and USB Type-C. The phone is powered by a 4000 mAh battery with 27W fast charging technology.
The Redmi K20 Pro comes in three color options — Flame Red, Glacier Blue, and Carbon Fiber Black. As for the pricing, the 6 GB + 64 GB model costs 2,499 yuan (~$361) while the 6 GB + 128 GB version is priced at 2,599 yuan (~$376). The 8 GB + 128 GB goes for 2,799 yuan (~$405) while the top-end version with 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage is priced at 2,999 yuan (~$434). It is now available for pre-order and will go on sale in China from June 1st.
Redmi K20 Pro Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 6/8 GB
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR display with 2340 × 1080 pixels screen resolution, 91.9 percent screen-to-body ratio, and 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 48 MP primary sensor with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens + 8 MP 1/4″ telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture + 13 MP 1/3″ 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 20 MP snapper with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64/128/256 GB
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, and USB Type-C
- Other: In-display Fingerprint Scanner, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip
- Colors: Flame Red, Glacier Blue, and Carbon Fiber Black
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 27W fast charging
Pricing and Availability
- Price of 6 GB + 64 GB: 2,499 Yuan (~$361)
- Price of 6 GB + 128 GB: 2,599 Yuan (~$376)
- Price of 8 GB + 128 GB: 2,799 Yuan (~$405)
- Price of 8 GB + 256 GB: 2,999 Yuan (~$434)
- Availability: Sale from 1St June in China