RIM announces Blackberry Bold 9900 and 9930 and Blackberry OS 7
Today Research in Motion has announced two new smart phones the Blackberry Bold 9900 and 9930 as well as their latest offering in the platform section, the Blackberry OS 7.
- Liquid Graphics – The BlackBerry 7 OS delivers fast, fluid performance when browsing, accessing pictures or video, or running graphics intensive games.
- NFC – Built-in support for Near Field Communications (NFC), an exciting new technology that is designed to provide a secure exchange of information between NFC-enabled devices over a very short distance.
- Augmented Reality – The BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones feature a built-in compass (magnetometer) to take advantage of BlackBerry 7 OS support for augmented reality applications.
- HD Video – The BlackBerry 7 OS supports up to 720p HD video recording.
- 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm, approximately 130 g
- 2.8″ capacitive touch screen display – VGA (640×480), 287 PPI resolution
- Full, wide QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
- 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
- NFC technology
- 5.0 MP camera with flash, supports 720p HD video recording
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor
- Built-in GPS / aGPS
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi® – 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
- Wireless Network support: