Samsung has launched another smartphone but in a different Galaxy C lineup. The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is a 6-inch smartphone with a massive 6 GB RAM priced at ₹36,900. While the smartphone appears to be upgraded from its Galaxy A9 pro, we have shared our initial views on the the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Specifications
- Model: SM-C900F/DS
- Display: 6.0-inch Full HD Super AMOLED Display (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution) covered with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, on Home button
- Software: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UI
- CPU: Up to 1.95 GHz octa-core processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 (MSM8976 Pro), 28nm HPm
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Memory: 6 GB LPDDR3 RAM (933 MHz), 14.9 GB/s bandwidth
- Storage: 64 GB internal storage, MicroSD upto 256 GB
- Main Camera: 16 MP f/1.9, PDAF, dual LED flash, 1080p video @30fps
- Front Camera: 16 MP f/1.9, 1080p video @30fps
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm stereo jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Cellular: 4G LTE, Dual nano SIM (GSM + GSM), VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 4,000 mAh (non-removable)
- Dimensions: 162.9 mm x 80.7 mm x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 189 grams
- Colors: Gold, Pink Gold, Black
- Price: ₹36,900
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is a 6-inch smartphone boasting a Super AMOLED display with a 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass design. The 6-inch display is relatively larger for smartphones. A larger screen size allows you enjoy a better multimedia viewing experience, however, not easy to carry around. In the case of Galaxy C9 Pro, it is quite easy to hold due to its slim profile.
While the OnePlus 3 is a 5.5-inch sized smartphone, Samsung has picked a similar aesthetics in a 6-inch chassis. In addition, it comes with the same package of 6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage found on one OnePlus 3. If we talk about the design, the whole unibody is made of metal boasting very thin bezels and slim design.
It is the first smartphone from Samsung to feature a 6 GB RAM. The 6 GB RAM isn’t new to us, OnePlus 3 has already taken the lead last year. It is expected that this year, smartphones will emerge with a huge amount of RAM, somewhere around 6 GB or 8 GB RAM.
For the quick specifications, the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro uses a 6-inch Super AMOLED full HD display, a 1.95 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 CPU, 6 GB RAM and a 64 GB storage. Further specs include a large 4,000 mAh battery, a fingerprint scanner, and a USB Type-C port. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UI.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro has a main 16 MP f/1.9 camera with dual-tone LED flash. The camera can’t record 4K videos and doesn’t support OIS, hence, the camera specifications are mainstream. On the front, it is having another 16 MP f/1.9 camera. The capacitive buttons glow in the dark and the fingerprint scanner is embedded on the home button.
The power button and volume buttons are separated like all the other Samsung smartphones. You will find two keys for volume control on the left side while the right side owns a power key. The keys are made well and give you a good feedback.
There are two removable trays on the right, the top one has a capacity of holding up to 256 GB Micro SD card, whereas the bottom tray is a SIM tray supporting two nano SIM cards both GSM. It supports 4G network with VoLTE-enabled.
Surprisingly, this one has got a USB Type-C port at the bottom and that is before the launch of its flagship smartphone Samsung Galaxy S8. This is the first Samsung Galaxy smartphone featuring a type-c port and cable. You will find a standard 3.5 mm audio jack, a microphone, and a loudspeaker. On the top, there is nothing but a second microphone.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro can be a good alternative to its sibling Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro since both the devices are the same 6.0-inch size. It is available for ₹36,900 in Gold, Gold Pink, and Black color variants.
Share us your views in the comments below, we will be reviewing the device soon.