Samsung Galaxy Note 4 receiving Android Marshmallow update in India
Samsung rolled out the Marshmallow update for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy Note 5 in India last month. Now Samsung is rolling out the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for Galaxy Note 4, a device launched way back in 2014.
The Galaxy Note 4 was launched with Android KitKat running out of the box. The update is more than 1 GB in size and you can expect native Marshmallow features like Doze, Google Now on Tap and App Permissions making its way on your Galaxy Note 4. Also included is Android’s February security patch.
If you haven’t received the update notification yet, try checking it manually. Go to Settings > About device > Check for updates to see whether the Marshmallow update is available for your Note 4 or not.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 specifications:
- CPU: 2.7 GHz quad-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- Operating System: Android KitKat (Marshmallow rolling out)
- Display: 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Rear Camera: 16 MP auto-focus with LED flash and OIS
- Front Camera: 3.7 MP
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, NFC, USB 2.0, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Other: Heart Rate Sensor, Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Black, White, Apricot
- Battery: 3220 mAh
This might well be the last update for the Galaxy Note 4. It’s up to Samsung now to whether or not provide the Android N update when it’s released.