Samsung Galaxy S6 owners in India, your wait for Marshmallow update is over. Samsung has started rolling out the Marshmallow update for Galaxy S6 in India. Coincidentally, the S7 and S7 Edge are also going on sale today in India.
The S6 was launched with Android Lollipop running out of the box. The update is more than 1 GB in size and you can expect native Marshmallow features like Doze, Google Now on Tap and App Permissions making its way on your S6.
If you did not receive the update notification, try checking it manually. Go to Settings > About device > Software update to see whether the Marshmallow update is available for your S6 or not.
Samsung Galaxy S6 specifications:
- CPU: 2.1 GHz Exynos 7420 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Mali-T760MP8
- Operating System: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (Marshmallow rolling out)
- Display: 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Rear Camera: 16 MP auto-focus with LED flash and OIS
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- Other: Heart Rate Sensor, Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Color: Gold Platinum, White Pearl, Blue Topaz, Black Sapphire
- Battery: 2550 mAh Li-Ion battery
Have you received the Marshmallow update on your S6 yet?