A couple of days ago, Japanese technology brand SHARP launched the SHARP AQUOS S3 mini smartphone in China that comes with Snapdragon 630 SoC, 20 MP selfie camera, and, a 5.5-inch full-screen display. Well now, the company has announced that it is going to launch the SHARP AQUOS S3 on March 28.
The SHARP AQUOS S3 is successor to the SHARP AQUOS S2 that was launched last year in China. The SHARP AQUOS S2 came with a bezel-less design, and so will the AQUOS S3. However, while the AQUOS S2 came with Essential Phone-like camera cut-out, the AQUOS S3 sports an iPhone X-like notch.
Another difference between last year’s S2 and the upcoming S3 is that the former had a fingerprint scanner at the front whereas latter has it on its back. In terms of build, the AQUOS S3 has a 2.5D curved glass on the front and back with the sides made out of metal.
The AQUOS S3 will also feature a dual camera setup at the back placed in the top-left corner in vertical orientation, with the front camera featuring Face Unlock that will allow the users to unlock their smartphone using their face as the password.
SHARP AQUOS S3 Specifications [Expected]
- CPU: Snapdragon 660 SoC
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Operating System: Sharp Smile UX based on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 6-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) 18:9 display with 2.5D curved glass
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 13 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM), 128 GB (with 6 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Battery: 3100 mAh
We should know more about the SHARP AQUOS S3’s price and availability once it’s launched on March 28.