Last year in August, Japanese technology brand SHARP launched the SHARP AQUOS S2 smartphone with bezel-less design. And, now the company has launched one more smartphone in its AQUOS series with bezel-less design, called SHARP AQUOS S3 mini.
The SHARP AQUOS S3 mini features a 5.5-inch display which has a resolution of 2040 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone has minuscule bezels at three sides – top, left and right – and, it’s large chin houses the home button that has fingerprint scanner embedded on it.
Well, while those tiny bezels at the three sides of the phone do look good, the smartphone does have a notch up top. And, frankly speaking, at first look, it instantly reminded us of the Essential Phone (or PH-1, which is the actual name).
That said, the back side of the phone is covered with 2.5D curved glass while the frame of the phone is made out of metal. Under the hood, the SHARP AQUOS S3 mini has Snapdragon 630 SoC running the show which is mated to 6 GB RAM. The phone runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat which is a downer, and, has 64 GB of storage on board. You can check out full specifications down below.
SHARP AQUOS S3 mini
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 508
- Operating System: Sharp Smile UX based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD+ (2040 x 1080 pixels) LCD display with 2.5D curved glasss
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture and AI Portrait Mode
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold
- Battery: 3020 mAh
SHARP AQUOS S3 mini Price and Availability
- Price: ¥1599 (around $252/₹16,475)
- Availability: Available on JD.com in China from March 30. No word on availability in other markets