Meizu E3 announced with Snapdragon 636 SoC, 5.99-inch 18:9 Display and Dual Rear Cameras
Only if the Meizu E3 was running Android Oreo out of the box
Back in January this month, Chinese smartphone brand Meizu launched the Meizu M6s smartphone that came with Exynos 7872 SoC and a full-screen display. Well now two months later, Meizu has launched the Meizu E3 smartphone which is successor to the Meizu E2 that was launched last year in April.
The Meizu E3 boasts a uni-body metal construction and sports a 5.99-inch display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and aspect ratio of 18:9 aspect ratio. Well thanks to this display, the bezels on the Meizu E3 are smaller than the ones we saw on last year’s E2.
The back of the phone has dual camera setup in the top-left corner placed vertically, and, you can also see the antenna lines at the top and bottom of the back of the phone that extend all the way up to the left and right side of the phone.
Well, you might be wondering whether the Meizu E3 comes with a fingerprint scanner or not. Yes, it does. But it’s located on the side of the phone below the power button. That said, coming back to the cameras, the back of the phone is home to two cameras – one 12 MP and one 20 MP. And, on the front, you get an 8 MP camera.
Moving further, speaking about the innards, the Meizu E3 has Snapdragon 636 SoC underneath that’s paired with 6 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 509 GPU. Having said that, the smartphone runs Flyme OS 7 that’s based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat out of the box which is a bummer.
The Meizu E3 comes in Black, Champagne Gold and Blue colors, and, has a 3360 mAh battery that draws power from a USB Type-C port.
Having said that, there’s also a special edition of Meizu E3 called Meizu E3 J-20 Edition that’s named after the J-20 fighter jet used by the Chinese air force. This special edition has design and specifications that are exactly the same as the regular E3, however, it’s only available in 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage configuration, and, has some cool graphics on its back. Moreover, this J-20 Edition also comes bundled along with a customized J-20 case, a memorial card, and, a J-20 SIM eject tool (really, Meizu?)
Meizu E3 Specifications
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Operating System: Flyme OS 7 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Display: 5.99-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Display with 2.5D curved glass and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (f/1.9) + 20 MP (f/2.0) with PDAF, Bokeh Mode, Sapphire Glass Lens, 2.5x Lossless Zoom and dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture, Face AE Automatic Face Recognition and ArcSoft Adaptive Skin Beauty Algorithm
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Black, Champagne Gold, Blue
- Battery: 3360 mAh with 20W Fast Charging
Meizu E3 Price and Availability
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ¥1799 (around $285/₹18,530)
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant: ¥1999 (around $315/₹20,590)
- Price of J-20 Edition: ¥2499 (around $395/₹25,742)
- Availability: Goes on sale in China from March 31. No word on availability in other markets