Sony Xperia L3 goes official with 5.7-inch 18:9 display and dual rear cameras
Sony announced the Xperia L2 last year in January. Now today, at its MWC 2019 event in Spain, Sony has announced successor to the Xperia L2 – dubbed Sony Xperia L3.
The Sony Xperia L3 sports a 5.7-inch HD+ display that has 18:9 aspect ratio. The phone has small bezels on the left and right side of the display, but the top and bottom bezels are relatively large. The right side of the phone is home to power button and volume rocker, and between them sits the fingerprint scanner.
Round the back, the Xperia L3 has a dual-camera setup placed in vertical orientation in the top-left corner. This setup includes 13 MP and 2 MP cameras. The former has f/2.2 aperture, whereas the latter has f/2.4 aperture. For selfies and video calls, there’s an 8 MP camera on the front.
Under the hood, the Sony Xperia L3 comes with MediaTek’s MT6762 (Helio P22) SoC running the show which is paired with 3 GB RAM. The smartphone has 32 GB of storage and runs Android Oreo. Yes, Sony launched a smartphone in 2019 that runs an operating system released in 2017.
The Xperia L3 is offered in three colors – Silver, Black, and Gold. And, keeping it up and running is a 3300 mAh battery.
Sony Xperia L3 Specifications
- CPU: Helio P22
- RAM: 3 GB
- Operating System: Android Oreo
- Display: 5.7-inch HD+ (1440 x 720 pixels) display with 18:9 aspect ratio and Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (f/2.2, 1.12 μm, 80-degree wide-angle lens) + 2 MP (f/2.4, 1.75 μm, 82.4-degree wide-angle lens) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.0, 1.12 μm, 84-degree wide-angle lens, Portrait Selfie Effects, and Display Flash
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 512 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC, FM Radio, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Silver, Black, Gold
- Battery: 3300 mAh
Sony Xperia L3 Price and Availability
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: To be announced