Sony Xperia Z launched in India
Sony Mobiles today announced the launch of its latest, Sony Xperia Z smartphone in the Indian subcontinent which packs in a full-HD 5-inch display with OptiContrast Technology.
The Sony Xperia Z is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor coupled with 2 GB RAM and smartphone arrives with capability to expand it up to 64 GB.
The Sony Xperia Z arrives with Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP55 and IP57 which makes the smartphone dust and water resistant. The smartphone has a 13 MP AutoFocus camera with LED Flash on the back of the Xperia Z with Exmor RS sensor and a 2 MP front facing camera for video chats.
Specifications of the Sony Xperia Z:
- 5-inch full HD display with OptiContrast Technology
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP Camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS Sensor
- 16 GB internal memory
- Expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP55 and IP57
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box, upgradable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- LTE, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- 2330 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia Z has been priced at Rs.38,990 which seems to be a good price going by the fact that the HTC Butterfly was launched for about Rs.46,000. Vodafone customers will get 8 GB of data for 2 months bundled with the Xperia Z.