Unlocked HTC One A9 receives January Android security update in the US
The HTC One A9 which was launched last year is now receiving the January Android security update in the US. Do keep in mind that this is the unlocked version of the One A9 which is receiving the security update and not the carrier-bound ones.
The announcement about the roll-out of January Android security update for the unlocked versions of the HTC One A9 was made on Twitter by Mo Versi, VP of Product Management for HTC US.
The tweet made by Mo Versi read “HTC One (A9) unlocked owners! The Jan security updates and bug fixes is being updated via OTA this morning! Thanks.” This isn’t much of a big update though, it will include January’s security updates and bug fixes. The update will be rolled-out OTA (over-the-air), if you haven’t received the notification for the update yet, you can manually check for it.
HTC One A9 specifications:
- CPU: 1.5GHz Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor
- RAM: 2/3GB
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 13MP with dual-LED flash and OIS
- Front Camera: 4MP
- Internal Storage: 16/32GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 200GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: microUSB v2.0, FM Radio, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Other: Fingerprint scanner, Fast charging
- Battery: 2150 Li-Ion
Earlier, HTC had said that the unlocked One A9 will be receiving every Android update within 15 days after Google releases the source code and rolls out the update to the Nexus devices. Well, so far, HTC has kept its promise, but the same can’t be expected from the carrier-bound variants though.
So, US users, have you received this January Android security update for your unlocked HTC One A9 yet?