Vodafone enters wireline business with services for businesses
While the wireline consumers in India is on a decline in the past few years, thanks to the rise of wireless telephony, Vodafone Business Services (VBS) which is the enterprise arm of Vodafone India has decided to foray into the wireline market but will be limited to businesses.
The company has set a target that 20% of its revenue to be from the wireline services in the next 5 years and the service is backed by a robust network infrastructure, comprising of 120,000 km of strong fibre backbone, over 350 PoPs across 130 cities.
Key features of the Vodafone Wireline Service:
- Internet Leased Lines gives a guaranteed bandwidth ranging from 64 Kbps to 1 Gbps.
- Based on Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Vodafone’s Virtual Private Networks (VPN) connect geographically diverse locations in a cost-effective and efficient way which is backed up by a Network Operations Centre (NOC).
- Leased Circuits will help to keep offices connected with each other and the service, provides high speed, secure and dedicated data connectivity for instant transfer of data between two offices in India or abroad.
- Vodafone’s Office Wireline Voice Service can transform the employee extensions to direct lines and each E1 link carries 30 digital Voice channels. which will enable simultaneous usage of phone lines at 30 office desks.
- Audio conferencing service will also be available for wireline users and come with four service options which go on to include reservation-less plus, automated conference, Operator Assisted and event.
- Vodafone will provide a Pan-India toll free number to access the brand or organisation.