Vodafone has been trying to get more and more of its users to upgrade from 3G network to 4G. Vodafone has also been offering certain amount of free 4G data to those who upgrade to 4G network. Well, in a bid to get more users to upgrade to 4G network, Vodafone has now tied up with Mega, Meru and Easy cabs in Delhi which would allow its customers to upgrade to 4G network while commuting.
Now whenever a Vodafone customer is commuting through either Mega, Meru or Easy cab, he will be able to upgrade from 3G to 4G network for free. Besides, the customer will also get 4 GB of free 4G data with a validity of 10 days upon upgradation. If you are a postpaid customer, you will get 4 GB data till the end of your bill cycle.
For this purpose, Vodafone has refurbished around 500 cabs with 4G SIM dispensers so that Vodafone customers can pick one up while commuting. These have 4G SIM kits for both prepaid and postpaid along with instructions for the customers who wish to upgrade to 4G.
“Since the launch of 4G services in Delhi last year, we have witnessed a tremendous shift in usage to 4G data from 2G & 3G data. To experience this world class 4G network, it’s essential that our consumers upgrade their 3G SIMs to 4G SIMs, and this tie-up is a unique intervention to make this process mobile and within easy reach of our consumers. From home delivering the SIMs to extensive presence at all our retail touch points and now associating with leading cab aggregators, Vodafone has tried to ensure that our customers get easy access to the 4G SIM and our Data strong services.” said Alok Verma, Business Head, Delhi-NCR in a statement.
Process of upgrading to 4G:
- Pick a 4G SIM from the dispenser in the cab.
- You will get the new 4G SIM card after completion of identification process & checking the 4G compatibility of your handset.
- To activate the new 4G SIM card, use your existing Vodafone number to send SMS ‘SIMEX <your 19-20 digit new 4G SIM card number>’ to 55199. This 19-20 digit number will be written on the new 4G SIM card/jacket given to you.
- You will then receive an SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered.
- Send the last 6 digits of the new 4G SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS with partial SIM number entered.
- Later, you will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G SIM card will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
- Now replace the old SIM card in your smartphone with the new 4G SIM card to enjoy faster Internet.
By the way, are you on the 4G network? Or are you still stuck with 3G?